Since the complete refurbishment the Hall has become very popular so please do not just assume that it will be available—a full diary is expected. Please book to avoid disappointment.
The rates for hire of the hall for non-business use are:
£25 per four-hour session and £7 per additional hour.
Please enquire if you intend to hire the hall for business use.
Various sessions are available. Flexibility in session times may be possible if there are no other bookings for the day you require and sessions are not necessarily applied to business use for classes etc, please enquire via the contact page for more information.
- Morning (9am-1pm)
- Afternoon (1pm-5pm)
- Evening (6pm-10pm)
- All Day (9pm-6pm)
Hirers are asked to abide by the hall rules.
- The Hirer must note the position of all the fire alarm points, fire extinguishers and fire exits on arrival. Fire exits must not be obstructed.
- This building is a non-smoking building. It is the responsibility of the Hirer to ensure that this rule is adhered to.
- No alcoholic beverages of any kind are permitted in the Memorial Hall without the consent of the Management Committee.[Permission to serve alcohol may be obtained by submitting a written request to the committee, for details of how to submit the request please enquire at the time of booking. Please note permission to sell alcohol at any event will not be granted]
- Bookings should be planned to include set-up and clean-up time.
- The person signing this agreement must be over 18 years old.
- Hirers need to provide their own bin bags, dishcloths and tea towels.
- The Hirer is responsible for ensuring that all furniture and other equipment in the hall is returned to its original position at the end of the hire period.
- Care should be taken to protect the floor from damage. No football boots or wheeled toys (bikes, scooters, skates etc). Furniture and other heavy objects should be lifted into position and not dragged. Any spillages should be wiped-up quickly and left as dry as possible.
- Floors should be swept, kitchen floor and surfaces cleaned and all rubbish taken away from the hall premises at the end of the hire. Crockery if used, washed and returned to cupboards.
- All facilities are to be left in a clean, undamaged condition. User organisations (Hirers) shall be monetarily liable for any damage / breakages.
- Anyone wishing to hire outside entertainment and equipment such as bouncy castles must make this known at the time of booking. The Hall Committee can take no responsibility for damage or accidents caused to or by this equipment and it remains the responsibility of the hirer to ensure its safe use whilst on hall property.